Sunday, March 04, 2007

Magic

In many ways, life is like constructing a deck of cards (in Magic: the Gathering). I read about a cool card on the internet and at instant speed I have uh... one combo in my head. And then I read about the combos other people have come up with and decide that theirs are much better than mine and decide to build a deck just like the one I think is the most powerful. And then something happens.

Sometimes the deck turns out to be too expensive to build on a budget. Other times the cards in the list are so rare that, although cheap, they are impossible to find. Often, I just decide to switch a card in the 'net deck for something else. Every time, the deck gets pummeled to the ground by one of the first few people I playtest it on, and changes become necessary. Inevitably, I get tired of the thing and think up something new.

The universal outline of events.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spectral_Kid said...

Not all decks are meant to win all the time. Remember, it's not the deck, it's the player hahaha

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home